If you are interested in a career here at Tinsley Creative, please see the available positions below.
*Please note this is an in-office position. We are not looking for remote at this time.
The project and production manager is primarily responsible for overseeing and managing client projects and creation, organization, execution, and completion of specific projects. The project and production manager must be able to manage employees, set deadlines, communicate with company executives and vendors about the state of the project, ensuring projects stay on track and on budget, and adjust if necessary to meet new deadlines.
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope, overseeing all aspects of projects, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing the progress of the project while regularly communicating with the agency regarding the status of all projects. The successful candidate will work directly with the agency to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
Production management responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating production schedules, overseeing production processes, and ensuring that the required materials are selected and purchased. To be successful as a project and production manager you must be able to multitask and oversee several operations at a time. A good project and production manager has excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
The combination of this role relies on a wide degree of time management skills. The ideal candidate will enhance the agency's reputation by owning their role and accomplishing new and different requests from clients for their needs. This team member must have excellent verbal and writing skills, the ability to manage multiple project deadlines and priorities, and a willingness to lead the agency's team in day-to-day tasks to ensure the utmost success for our clients.
- Skillfully manage multiple projects, working closely with all team members to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment; prioritize projects based on business needs.
- Open and track jobs via an internal project management system.
- Translate project deliverables into clearly defined actions and sub-actions; assign to team members based on their availability, priorities and creative expertise.
- Monitor projects and workloads, adjusting assignments and deadlines accordingly.
- Develop project timelines to ensure on time, on or under budget delivery.
- Review completed actions, objectives and project milestones; delegate responsibilities among team members or assume responsibility to ensure timeline completion.
- Coordinate and lead status report weekly meetings, partnering’s with integrated team members to understand and track all projects.
- Responsible for the agency’s calendar and internal meeting schedule.
- Produces agency meeting agendas by researching necessary discussion points, topics and questions for a project, client or agency.
- Offer insightful ways to optimize processes integration between Account Executives and the Creative Team.
- Understand contractual requirements and provide recommendations and supporting information to senior-level management.
- Reviews the daily work schedule and expedites all “red jobs.”
- When necessary, visit off-site vendors in person for quality assurance.
- Prepare production estimates based on a briefing from Account Executives or clients.
- Obtain competitive quotes from quality/approved vendors.
- Prepare proposals for client required deliverables, ensuring and maintaining profitability.
- Issues purchase orders for all outside buys for client projects and records, with invoices, on job details.
- Oversees quality control in conjunction with the Art Director.
- Understands and offers insight on production materials, vendor & mail regulations and processes.
- Follows up with suppliers to be sure they will meet promised delivery dates and correct deliverables.
- Review invoices and settle billing discrepancies with suppliers.
- Maintain contact with suppliers and keeps reference files for suppliers of various products and services.
- Keeps account services informed about the current status of all jobs in progress with creative team/production.
- Coordinates the scheduling of collateral materials and installations before their final deadlines.
- Regulates time to allow for an internal review of all concepts, and proofing.
- Provides proofreading assistance in regard to spelling, grammar and punctuation of deliverables.
- Answers inbound calls in timely manner, assist or transfers call to correct contact within agency.
- Research new ideas and products on an as need basis.
- Assist in RPF submittals, reviewing contracts and any other paperwork needing another eye before leaving the building.
- Maintain an inventory sheet for business cards and name badges shells with vendors.
career application submission
please fill out the form below to apply to one of our available career opportunities.